Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Quivering of Nothing

The space around me trembles
My mind is not still
Quivering objects taunt me
Threaten my reality

Keeping eyes closed
Keeps life still
Gazing down toward
The ground
Assures my logic
I am okay


Looking up
The quivering of nothing
Rattles my head
Keep still I scream!
Stop it!

Chairs don’t dance!
Lamps don’t jump!
My cup does not glide and slide
And shiver when filled!

The space around me quivers
My mind grabs and clings
To what is supposed to be
Not this shivering mess

That surrounds me


(All stories/poems blogged/written/published  by Maryanne MesplĂ©/Mesple are my property and protected under copyright laws. No part may be used or reproduced in anyway without my permission ~ Maryanne MesplĂ©) 

3 comments:

  1. The shivering images brim & slide down my cheek.
    Too much loss, in too short a time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of loss, yes. Thank you for stopping by and reading my words. I appreciate the time you have given me here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was written while withdrawing from Cymbalta - a medication I took for nerve damage after breaking five bones in my foot ...

    ReplyDelete