Thursday, February 25, 2016

My Burdened Heart





Beneath cold skies of night
My heart beats
Grasping to survive
Trying to not drown
In tears

Quietly I slip into velvet
Blackness
Cold air
Caresses my thoughts
I’m suffocating

Loss of hope
Forgotten dreams
Faith disappears
In the morrow
I’m crushed
Again

My burdened heart
Barely beats
My burdened heart
Beats toward
Nothingness

Nothing becomes safer
Than something
Absent moments
Collide with fears
I’ve no strength

Cold skies of night
Dressed in velvet darkness
Have stolen
My hope
My grace

My faith


(All stories/poems blogged/written/published  by Maryanne MesplĂ©/Mesple are my property and protected under copyright laws. No part may be used or reproduced in anyway without my permission ~ Maryanne MesplĂ©) 

2 comments:

  1. Deep feelings - I've been there. Reminds me of song lyrics from REM - losing my religion. Thanks for sharing your soulful expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll look up REM's song, I am not familiar with it. Thank you for stopping by and for reading my heart felt words. This was written right after the loss of my brother

    ReplyDelete