Sunday, May 1, 2016

Missing Him

My husband will be away for almost another year and I'm missing him deeply. It's the weather, the time, the void of my best friend's presence that inspired this poem.

Painting by David Mesplé


Absent Love


Long and dark are the nights
Empty is the bed
Where your body
Should be
I reach for you

Instead I touch
Nothing
It’s exhausting
On my heart
My soul
My world

Longing to pause
Head upon your chest
Listening to your
Heartbeat
The reassurance
Of love

Long dark cold nights
Alone without touch
Hurting inside
Desiring your breath
To brush against
My cheek

Instead I reach
Feeling empty space
Where your body should be
I ache



Poem by Maryanne Mesplé

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, my friend! & I'm quite certain that if David were to compose a poem when missing you deeply....that it would be very similar! This would be wonderful if set to music...don't you think so too? God bless you,my sweet friend ~ :)

    ReplyDelete