Saturday, May 21, 2016

God Knows You


The thickness of yesterday
Prevents me from breathing
I'm gasping - choking

 The denseness of the past
Suffocates me as I drown
Submerged in the discovery
Of secrets kept
Silent

Cutting deep into my marrow
Severing life from my heart
My voice is stolen
My life is shaken


There is Anger
Anger too venomous
Anger that is beyond
Understanding
Anger
Fueled by Kali’s breath
Filling my soul

I am overcome
There's a desire 
A compulsion
A calling
To hunt you down

The wanting of
Vengeance
The need for
Revenge consumes me

You should be a trophy
You should hang lifeless
On the nail that
Caused all our
Lives 
To bleed out

In this moment I now
Know what
and Who
True Evil
Is

You know what you did
You know what you harmed
You know how you harmed
You know who you harmed
You know you lied to yourself
And your soul knows
God knows

But then
You've always been smarter than
God 
So you've thought So
You've acted

You believe you are cool
You believe you are smart
You believe you are above it all
But God Knows

Your smirk
Your smugness
Your stench is over powering


You. Know. Who.
You. Are.
And God Knows


Poem by Maryanne Mesplé
May 21, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment