Monday, June 13, 2016

Dear Ego

(Photo of and by Maryanne Mesplé, Santa Cruz CA)


Dear Ego

I’m done hiding in shadows
Of creeping around in the night

I’m done with hurts and anguish
From dreaming I’m not right

I’m done with spooky monsters
Misshapen forms that creepily look like me

I’m done with mistrust and misery
Thinking I’m the defective one not you

It’s never you so it must be me

I’m done with trying to please the world
That means everyone

I’m done measuring my soul against yours
And believing you've won

I’m done with pretending
There’s a hologram boogieman
Hungry to make me cry

I’m done believing all that you say
Is truth 'cause you never lie

I’m done feeding you dreams
Believing you care

I’m done following you blindly
Afraid to be free

Now

I’m done being what you call  fearful and guilty
Because now I'm free to be the spirit that is 'me’



Poem by Maryanne Mesplé
June 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment